Walking down the aisle looking elegant and beautiful is every bride’s dream. That’s why when it comes to wedding makeup there’s lots of talk from stylish experts particularly on what the right foundation to use.
Choosing the best foundation for your wedding is almost as important as your wedding gown. You need foundation that evens out your skin tone, smooths out the fine lines and wrinkles (to reduces signs of aging), and most importantly, doesn’t create any flashback when you pose for photographs (you don’t want to look ghostly white in your pictures!)
Ready to become beautiful on your wedding day?
Below, you’ll find best foundation for wedding ceremonies.
Expert Tips to Perfect your Wedding Makeup
- Focus on Enhancing Your Look with the Makeup. Maintain a naturally glowing look that will go great with the whiteness of your bridal dress. Use your make-up not to change how you look but to enhance and improve your appearance. Groom your brows, feather your lashes, and put on your natural blush shades.
- Apply Concealer After Foundation. Concealers are designed to cover imperfections while foundations are used just to even out your skin tone, so if you want to keep your skin looking as natural as possible, it’s important to use only a small amount of concealer. The best foundation for wedding will make you look naturally beautiful without covering yourself with too much makeup.
- Book a Trial Makeup Session Before the Wedding. There’s nothing more satisfying than the feeling of confidence with how you look on your most important day. You can plan to set a trial makeup with your makeup artist so you can decide which look you want most for you. This is the time you should speak up about how you want to look.
Our Top Picks
1. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation
The choice of stylist experts everywhere, Revlon’s color-stay makeup foundation is formulated with the best Color Stay long wear technology that lasts up to 16 hours – great to last your wedding day and night till your reception. It has a medium to full coverage with semi-matte finish, SPF 6, and an oil-free fragrance. Revlon foundation can be used for all kinds of skin types and is found best for fixing acne ridden or uneven skin tones.
When used, Revlon does not cake and does not turn too pink or dark like the other foundations. It also blends well to the skin color and because it lasts well throughout the day, you won’t have to worry about reapplication. It dries to a semi-matte finish that smooths out skin flawlessly like magic. True to its name, Revlon Color-Stay provides the best color-stay formula for wedding and many other occasions.
- No caking
- Full coverage
- Sun protection
- Good for all skin types
- Many shades for all skin tones
- Contains ingredients that may irritate the skin
2. L’Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Makeup
L’Oreal Paris True Match is a light to medium coverage makeup that caters to all skin types and is formulated with Precise Match Technology that can blend well and match the skin tone. This foundation is enriched with vitamins A and C along with wheat germ and grapefruit extract which keeps the skin healthy, nourished, and young looking.
It is known to have one of the best ultra-pure formulas that contains zero oil and fragrance or any pore-clogging fillers that destroy the smoothness of your look. It’s a popular favorite for makeup artists particularly because of its texture as it has more of a fluid silky feel and powdery finish that’s quite gentle to use.
Even with all the perks, this foundation still has its drawbacks, as some users say it has a dry finish. Dry finish can emphasize your dry skin, and make some fine lines visible around your eye. To prevent this, experts recommend applying moisturizer around dry areas before applying the foundation.
- Blends easily
- Can match any skin tone
- Enriched with vitamins
- Nourishes the skin
- No oil
- No fragrance
- Does not clog pores
- Very dry finish
- May make fine lines more visible
3. Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation
If you’re looking for a professional makeup product you can use for grand occasions like your wedding, Make Up Forever HD is the best kit for you. Suitable for almost all kinds of complexion and skin type, Make Up Forever HD is the granddaddy of HD foundations. It has HD formula that allows you to look insanely gorgeous in any kind of natural or artificial light during photographs. No more worries for the wedding pictures!
Make Up Forever is also an oil free and velvety makeup fluid that provides the best full coverage. It can even out skin tone around tough spots where acne or dark eye bags are formed. With this foundation, you might not even need a concealer leaving those flawed spots hidden and keeping you confident all day long. This is the best foundation for wedding that will get you looking pretty and perfect in pictures.
- Makes you look great in pictures
- Velvety finish
- Great coverage
- No need for concealer
- May contain irritating ingredients
- No sun protection
4. Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation
For a high-definition liquid foundation that can blend well with all skin tones, this Halo HD Foundation from Smashbox provides sheer to medium coverage that is very long-wearing. However, it is on the expensive side, but with that being said, this is a professional-quality makeup that is ideal for use on special occasions such as weddings. It may be costly, but we think it is well worth the investment.
Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation provides medium coverage, so it should hide most blemishes and skin imperfections. That said, this product provides a sheer finish, which will help brighten your complexion. In addition, it works really well with all skin undertones, thus resulting in a smooth and even complexion.
Let’s not forget that this foundation allows for buildable coverage, so you should not have any problems applying bronzer or blush overtop. You may also like how this product contains ingredients to hydrate and nourish your skin.
When it comes down to it, Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation is a fantastic option because of the high-definition formula that makes you look amazing in pictures, no matter the lighting. Perhaps one of the best features is that this foundation is sweat and humidity-resistant, so it won’t come off or make a mess no matter how hectic your wedding day is. In addition, this is a long-lasting foundation. If you put it on in the morning, it should last until night.
- Very resistant to moisture
- Easy to blend
- Great for most skin tones
- Buildable coverage
- Very expensive
5. REVLON Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup
This mousse makeup from Revlon is a very affordable foundation that is extremely easy to blend and cover imperfections. REVLON Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup is all about making you look as good as possible for those wedding pictures. The unique formulation makes sure that your skin looks fantastic under any lighting, even with the flash of a camera.
This foundation will make your skin look like it was airbrushed using professional photography software – that’s how good it is. The photochromatic pigments make sure that light reflects off your skin, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, imperfections, and blemishes.
REVLON Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup is easy to blend and to work with all skin tones. The result is very smooth and even coverage that doesn’t even leave your pores visible. You may also appreciate how this foundation is both oil and fragrance-free. That said, it does not provide you with any sun protection, nor does it come in many shades.
- Great for all types of lighting
- Works with most skin tones
- Easy to blend
- Undetectable coverage
- Oil and fragrance-free
- Not many shades to choose from
- No SPF protection